Pulmonary Medicine, Infectious Disease and Critical Care Consultants Medical Group, Inc (PMA), was incorporated in 1973. As the population of the Sacramento area grew, and as medicine became more specialized, it was clear to PMA that additional providers with specialized pulmonary training were needed and were recruited to the group. Because pulmonary providers frequently found themselves involved in the care of patients with pulmonary infections, the group found it important to add providers with specialty training in the area of infectious diseases.
Currently, PMA providers offer a broad spectrum of specialized services often found only in an academic setting. The scope of services available from the group’s Board Certified providers include, but are not limited to:
- Critical Care Medicine – Assessment and care for seriously ill patients in the hospital
- Tele-ICU Care – Assessment and management for seriously ill patients who are in the hospital from a remote location
- Pulmonary Medicine – Evaluation and care for patients with health problems involving the lungs. Examples include, but are not limited to asthma, emphysema, interstitial lung disease, pleural effusions, pulmonary embolism, sarcoidosis, pulmonary fibrosis, and lung infections
- Allergy Care – Whether your condition is triggered by pets, exercise, pollen or food, we can help with personalized care to adults and children of all ages!
- Infectious Diseases – Evaluation and care for patients with serious infections including acute infectious diseases, long term IV antibiotic treatment, and management of HIV disease
- Palliative Care – Care focused on providing patients with relief from the symptoms, pain, and stress of a serious illness — whatever the prognosis
- Sleep Medicine – Evaluation and treatment of the complete range of sleep disorders
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy – Management and supervising treatment for patients whose medical condition can be improved using high concentrations of oxygen